Finally, There’s Hope for Those
With Serious Dental Problems.
You’ll be glad to hear that Dr. Receveur’s Special Method of Rehabilitative, Implant, Sedation and Cosmetic Dentistry was designed specifically to give you back the dental comfort, ability to eat what you want, to make you feel better about yourself, and to allow you to see yourself with the beautiful smile you deserve.
You Deserve to Eat and Smile Again…
Dr. Receveur’s practice is the only dental practice in New Albany and Southern Indiana that is dedicated ONLY to Complex Rehabilitative dentistry, Dental Implants, Cosmetic dentistry and IV Sedation, and that can offer “Teeth-in-One-Day” and handle all of your dental needs from start to finish in one office location with the comfort and safety of I.V. sedation. We are the only office in the Louisville area of this kind who offers Galileos 3D CT Scan imaging, so you can have the precision and accuracy of CAT scan radiography without leaving our office. In addition, we are the only dental office of its’ kind in the entire greater Louisville area that gives you peace of mind with a written dental warranty with all of your care.
“About Dr. Receveur”
Dr. Receveur was born and raised in New Albany, Indiana. He graduated from Indiana University Southeast, where he received his undergraduate degree with honors in Chemistry. He earned his Doctorate in Dental Surgery from the Indiana University School of Dentistry and has been providing cutting-edge, compassionate dentistry to Southern Indiana and Greater Louisville residents since 1981. Dr. Receveur participates in extensive continuing education, accruing over 5000 hours of Post Graduate training and completing numerous advanced certifications in Comprehensive Restorative, Implant, Sedation, and Esthetic Dentistry, so he can provide state-of-the-art dentistry to his patients.
Dr. Receveur’s practice focus is on Cosmetic, Sedation and Implant dentistry. He is a "life-time learner". He is a leader in pursuing advanced post-doctoral education in his field from the best by traveling all over the world and training with the best clinicians. This allows him to perform the latest cutting edge services and treatments by delivering the finest care to his patients in the most comfortable, personalized and caring manner. He pursues approximately 200 hours of post-doctoral CE each year, despite only 16 hours being required per year per Indiana State dental laws.
For many years, Dr. Receveur was a Regional Coordinator with a national practice management group committed to delivering the highest level of care to their patients. He taught other dentists how to improve the quality of all facets of their dental care delivery. He is a speaker for numerous civic, professional and peer groups on topics ranging from Cosmetic and Metal-Free dentistry, management of pain associated with the neck and jaw dysfunction, IV Sedation and Dental Implants.
Aside from being a perfectionist about his work, Dr. Receveur would like to think of himself as a good communicator. "Patients want to be educated about their health care so they can make intelligent decisions. To do that, we have to be good communicators. For nearly 30 years, we’ve strived to help patients understand all of
their options and taken pride in offering them practical solutions to their dental problems". Because of this dedication, Dr. Receveur was voted "BEST DENTIST" four years in a row in a local newspaper opinion poll.
Certified in Oral Sedation, Sedation Solutions (Medically Complex patients) and IV Sedation, Dr. Ron and his staff offer many alternatives to guarantee their patients’ comfort, from the compassionate way they do everything, to the wide range of sedation options.
My Childhood Experience with Dental Prosthetics and Bridges
My quest to find the best solutions for people with missing teeth wasn’t just a professional decision…it grew from my own painful personal experiences…read on…
I was born with a congenitally missing tooth, associated with a partial cleft palate. Throughout my childhood I wore an awful removable plastic partial to replace one of my front teeth. I’ve always known the feeling of having something cumbersome and ineffective in my mouth. I was able to chew much better without it, so I removed it whenever I ate at home, but I was too embarrassed to do that in front of others. Eating with that partial in place really took all of the enjoyment out of my meals.
As a teenager, I was able to get a traditional bridge made. This was done when permanent bridges were common, and I had to have the teeth next to the missing tooth ground down to support the bridgework. However, grinding the enamel away from healthy teeth is far from the best choice in the 21st Century.
Naturally, I always had a greater sensitivity for people with missing teeth than my fellow dental students and I learned everything I could about replacing missing teeth. What I learned in dental school was just the tip of the iceberg and the foundation for a lifetime of learning and study.
As a senior in dental school, I decided it was time to replace my basic dental work with something more high-tech. I was in for the shock of my life when they removed that bulky old bridge—one of my formerly perfect teeth had been ground down to a "toothpick". I swore then and there that I would always try to do the right thing, in my mind, when helping patients with missing teeth.
My Search for the Truth about Dental Implants
It was easy to see that dental implants were the answer to so many dental problems, but I never understood why so little time had been spent on this in dental school, because missing teeth are a huge problem for people.
I decided to seek out the "best of the best" for my own personal training. I started with Nobel BioCare, the largest manufacturer of implants in the world. I studied their systems and prosthetics under Dr. Jack Hahn, a Cincinnati dentist who had placed over 30,000 implants.
The Midwest Implant Institute in Columbus, Ohio was the clear place to get the implant training I wanted, which was under the supervision of Dr. Duke Heller, the founder. He had placed 35,000 dental implants and is an expert and icon in the implantology field. He actually invented many of the instruments and techniques that are used today. Doctors fly to Columbus, Ohio from all over the world to train under Dr. Heller, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to work with a true implant legend right here "in my own backyard."
You Can Have Beautiful…
…Permanent Teeth Again!
We offer people these Real Solutions:
With the latest techniques in Dental Implants and Intravenous (IV) sedation, we can “rescue” the denture patient and even the most compromised individual, no matter how difficult! These people can return to a life of enjoying their favorite foods, a beautiful new smile, and self-confidence. Our goal is for each of our patients to clearly understand all the many exciting options available to them.
Helping people get over their fears and fixing their life-long dental problems is truly a very rewarding experience. We take a great deal of pride in being able to help our patients end their frustration of missing teeth, embarrassing smiles, denture problems and not being able to chew their food, restoring their confidence and chewing ability. By the time we are finished, most of them consider us their personal friends.
Flaget High School, Louisville, Kentucky, 1973 Class Salutatorian
Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry, Indiana University, 1977 High Honors
Doctor of Dental Surgery, Indiana University School of Dentistry, 1981
- Dr. Gus Livaditis, Innovator of the Maryland Bridge; He conducted early research with chemical bonding, now used in cosmetic dentistry to bond porcelain veneers, and acrylics. Dr. Receveur is highly experienced providing smile make-overs, having placed porcelain veneers for over 25 years.
- Dr. Alan Weinstein, Cincinnati: He did clinical testing to improve the strength, durability and beauty of cosmetic bonding materials. The present day cosmetic dentistry is possible because of this early work.
- CEREC training: Computerized CAD-Cam milling of porcelain restorations; Chicago, Illinois
- Invisalign certification & Advanced Certification: Toronto, Canada
- United States Dental Institute: Two Year Orthodontic, TMJ, Chronic Pain Certificate: Columbus, Ohio
- Lumineers by Cerinate (no prep smile makeover with lumineers)
- DOCS training. Oral Sedation for the Fearful Patient
- Sedation Solutions: DOCS sedation training for Medically Complex patients
- Dr. Jack Hahn: Nobel Implant Training; Bone Grafting Training
- All-on-4 clinical residency at Malo Clinic, Lisbon, Portugal, Dr. Paulo Malo: World Renown Innovator for All-On-4 Prosthetics; World Leader in Implant field and associated prosthetics.
- Dr. Neal Patel; Charlotte, North Carolina; At The Ohio State University Dr. Patel served as the Implant Prosthodontic Fellow and established many of the techniques for Digital Implantology and Prosthetics. He lectures internationally in the fields of 3D-Imaging, Computer Generated Guided Implant Surgery.
- Galileos 3D CT scan training: Charlotte, North Carolina; Sirona Dental Systems
- CT Scan Radiology and Pathology; Dr. Donald Tyndall, DDS, MSPH, Director of Radiology and Diagnostic Sciences, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- DOCS IV sedation training at Duquesne University associated with the Mylan School of Pharmacy.
Comprehensive Pharmacologic, Emergency Medicine, Airway Management, Cardiac Life Support and Patient Management Training.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Training; Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified
- How to Perform the Simple Procedures of implant placement and restoration
Course 301: Midwest Implant Institute (MII), Columbus, Ohio
- Teamwork for a successful implant office; Course 302: MII, Columbus, Ohio
Sterile technique for Implantology; Protocol and Treatment Planning
- Bone Grafting Made Simple; Course 601; MII, Columbus, Ohio
Bone Grafting Materials, membranes, Protein Rich Plasma, Hands-On Surgery
- Extern Program (551/552); Comprehensive hands-on implant surgery externship on real patients. Trained under Dr. Duke Heller at prestigious Midwest Implant Institute, one of the early Innovators in Implant Dentistry. (Only 750 doctors worldwide have attained this level of training.)
Technology and technology partners:
In Portugal with Dr. Paulo Malo, Innovator of the All-On-4 and other leading clinicians from all over the world with him.